Nissan, as a car maker, was founded back in 1933. The company’s initial cars were licensed versions of various Austin cars, including the Seven and A50. Since it began designing its own vehicles, Nissan is most famous for the 240Z, Skyline and GT-R models.
In addition to cars sold under its own brand, Nissan has a luxury marque (Infiniti) and an entry-level brand aimed at developing markets (Datsun). Its in-house motorsports and tuning division is Nismo.
What does Nissan mean?
Nissan is a contraction of Nihon Sangyo (or Japan Industries) group (or zaibatsu) that once owned both Nissan the car maker and Hitachi.
News, Reviews, Features (Page 1)
- 2018 Nissan 370Z Heritage Edition: Same old coupe, new stripes
- 2017 Nissan Qashqai vs 2014-16: See facelift changes in photo comparison
- Nissan X-Trail 4Dogs Concept: A luxury ride for pampered pooches
- Carlos Ghosn steps down as Nissan CEO to focus on Mitsubishi, Renault
- 2017 Nissan Titan King Cab: Now in half-ton and XD configurations
- 2017 Nissan Rogue Sport: Qashqai comes to America, sits below Rogue
- 2019 Nissan Altima: Edgy new sedan previewed by Vmotion 2.0 Concept?
- 2018 Nissan Qashqai (J11): Coming to the USA from late 2017
- 2017 Nissan NV2500, NV3500 vans gain more powerful 5.6-liter V8 option
- 2017 Nissan Tsuru vs Versa crash video shows 26 years of safety advances