Until around 1980s all cars sold by Nissan overseas were branded as Datsuns. The brand was then phased out in favour of the Nissan marque. Datsun was relaunched in 2013 as Nissan’s affordable brand that’s targeted at developing countries, analogous to Dacia’s relationship to Renault.
News, Reviews, Features
- Datsun brand could be axed as part of Nissan's recovery plan
- Datsun Redi-Go: Datsun returns to Sri Lanka with crossover hatch
- Datsun Go etymology: What does its name mean?
- Datsun Redi-Go: India-only hatch has plenty of ground clearance
- Datsun etymology: What does its name mean?
- Datsun Mi-Do: a Lada Kalina hatch with a Japlish name, facelift