Fiat the car company made its first car in 1889. Since then it came to dominate the car market in Italy, although its market share has waned in the last few decades.
As it grew, Fiat gobbled up many other native brands, including Alfa Romeo, Lancia, Maserati and Ferrari. The company bought a 20 percent stake in Chrysler when it went through a government-arranged bankruptcy in 2009.
In 2014, Fiat completed its takeover of Chrysler, and the North American and European arms are now controlled by Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA). Other brands controlled by FCA include Dodge, Ram and Jeep.
News, Reviews, Features
- 2020 Fiat 500: All electric supermini is bigger, but looks the same
- 2020 Fiat 500 & Panda gain 1L I3 with mild hybrid system
- Fiat Chrysler and Peugeot-Citroen-Opel-Vauxhall plan to merge
- 2019 Fiat Panda Trussardi: Aging hatch given luxury brand treatment
- Fiat 500 axed in the USA despite being the brand's best seller
- Fiat Chrysler withdraws Renault merger offer due to French government
- Fiat Centoventi: A customizable electric supermini with swappable batteries
- Fiat 124 Spider axed in the UK, except for Abarth model
- Fiat Toro Rescue: Ready to save lives at a beach, some Baywatch action
- Fiat Punto axed after 13 years for new Maserati SUV, no replacement planned
- 2018 Fiat 500 Spiaggina '58 celebrates Jolly Spiaggina's 60th birthday
- 2017 Fiat Fullback Cross: Range topping model gets more aggressive look
- Fiat Toro pickup truck is not coming to the USA. Sorry.
- Fiat Chrysler may open 400 more dealers to stop sales slide
- 2016's 10 least reliable cars in the US: All are American, except for a Fiat
- 2016 Fiat 500 Riva: Limited edition has yacht features, bargain price
- 2017 Fiat 124 Spider: Starts at $25k, hundreds off MX-5 Miata
- Fiat Tipo will be sold in Mexico as the 2017 Dodge Neon
- Fiat 124 Spider: ND Mazda MX-5 base, new style, 1.4L turbo
- Fiat: What does its name mean? Is it an acronym?
- Fiat Fullback: What does its name mean?
- FCA and UAW continue talking, strike threat still present
- 2015 Fiat 500 facelift gains touchscreen, sat nav
- 2015 Fiat 500 1957 Edition Cabrio goes deeper into retro, shows its age
- Fiat to receive MX-5 twin, Alfa goes it alone with RWD Spider
- Chrysler Group officially becomes FCA US
- Ram 700 is a Fiat Strada pickup made for Mexico
- Fiat FCC4 concept mixes four-door coupe with pickup truck
- Fiat 500X fits 500-style body on Jeep Renegade mechanicals
- Ram ProMaster City: An American Fiat Doblo takes on Ford Transit, Nissan NV200