Scion was established as sub-brand by Toyota USA in 2002 in an attempt to bring more younger buyers into the fold. The first cars went on sale in California in 2003.
The brand went national in 2004 and arrived in Canada in 2010.
Most of the brand’s cars have small and inexpensive. Many of the marque’s first models adapted from the quirkier part of Toyota Japan’s portfolio, like the Toyota bB (rebadged as the Scion xB).
News, Reviews, Features
- 2017 Toyota Yaris iA vs Mazda 2 sedan: Photo comparison
- 2016 Scion tC Release Series 10.0 bids farewell to marque
- 2017 Toyota 86 facelift: Scion FR-S name junked, more power
- 2017 Toyota Corolla iM: First US Corolla hatch in 24 years
- 2017 Toyota Yaris iA: Mazda 2 sedan carries on from Scion iA
- Toyota 86 GRMN: More powerful coupe limited to 100 units
- Toyota iQ/Scion iQ etymology: What does the name mean?
- Toyota C-HR etymology: What does its name and letters mean?
- DJ Mazda 2 won't be sold in the USA as a Mazda
- 2016 Scion FR-S starts at $25k, reversing cam standard
- Scion iA: Mazda 2-based sedan teased ahead of NY
- Scion iQ heading for the axe in 2015
- Scion iM concept is an a pumped up Toyota Auris/Corolla hatchback
- Scion iM rumoured to be a Toyota Auris wagon for the USA
- Scion iM concept car teased ahead of LA 2014 debut