Mitsubishi Motors is part of the massive Mitsubishi Group or keiretsu. Today various parts of the conglomerate are involved in everything glass making (Asahi Glass), beverages and alcohol (Kirin), chemicals, electrical goods, heavy industries, logistics, paper mills, cameras (Nikon), banking (Mitsubishi UFJ) and, of course, cars.
The company was first setup as a shipping concern in 1870 by Yataro Iwasaki. Before and during the Second World War, the company was also involved in the Chinese opium trade and produced the Mitsubishi Zero fighter plane that was used by the country’s kamikaze pilots.
News, Reviews, Features
- 2020 Mitsubishi Mirage vs 2017-2019: Facelift changes & differences
- 2020 Mitsubishi Mirage facelift: Dynamic Shield face improves looks
- Mitsubishi Super Height K-Wagon: A very Japanese take on the minivan
- Mitsubishi Mi-Tech Concept: Open air SUV has gas turbine engine
- 2019 Mitsubishi L200 Series 6: Facelifted pickup goes on sale in the UK
- Mitsubishi Shogun: Final UK model joins the company's heritage fleet
- 2020 Mitsubishi Pajero Sport facelift vs 2015-2018: Differences
- Mitsubishi Lancer Evo XI: Comeback could happen thanks to Renault
- 2022 Mitsubishi Outlander previewed by Engelberg plug-in hybrid concept
- 2020 Mitsubishi ASX/Outlander Sport vs 2016-2019: Differences compared
- 2020 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport / ASX: A very big facelift, not a new car
- 2019 Mitsubishi L200/Triton facelift vs 2015-18: Changes compared
- 2018 Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross shot in shadow of 2017 solar eclipse
- 2017 Mitsubishi Xpander: SUV minivan cross coming to ASEAN in 2018
- 2017 Mitsubishi L200 Barbarian SVP: Desert Warrior goes into production
- Carlos Ghosn steps down as Nissan CEO to focus on Mitsubishi, Renault
- 2018 Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross: SUV will be nothing like the sports coupe
- 2017 Mitsubishi Grand Lancer vs 2016 Lancer: What are the differences?
- Mitsubishi Lancer will be killed off August 2017, will anyone miss it?
- Mitsubishi Triton/L200 pickup wanted by US dealers, but may never arrive
- Mitsubishi GT-PHEV previews 2019 Outlander, new AWD hybrid drivetrain
- 2017 Mitsubishi Delica D:5 previewed by XM Concept in Indonesia
- Mitsubishi caught fudging fuel economy numbers by Nissan
- Mitsubishi sells 5 millionth car in USA after launching in 1982
- Mitsubishi etymology: What does its name mean?
- Mitsubishi ASX etymology: What does its name mean?
- Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Final Edition: More power, more sads
- 2016 Mitsubishi Lancer: New face, Ralliart dumped
- Mitsubishi Mirage to skip 2016 model year in US
- New Mitsubishi Galant to be based on Korean Renault Latitude
- Next Mitsubishi Lancer to be based on Renault/Nissan model
- Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Concept-S ditches the ugly
- Mitsubishi Mirage/Attrage sedan: rebadged, sold by Chrysler in Mexico