Established in 1862 as a sewing machine manufacturer by Adam Opel, the company branched out into bicycles in 1886 and then automobiles in 1899. Opel became part of General Motors in 1929 and became a wholly owned entity in 1931.
In the late 1970s and 1980s, GM brought its UK and European model ranges into alignment and today the Britain-only Vauxhall is now run out of Russelsheim, Germany.
News, Reviews, Features
- 2021 Opel/Vauxhall Astra vs Peugeot 308: Differences & changes compared
- Opel and Vauxhall to be all electric by 2028, will make new Manta
- 2021 Vauxhall Crossland vs 2017-2020: Facelift changes & differences
- Opel returning to Japan in 2021
- 2020 Opel Insignia GSi: Less power and torque from new engine
- 2023 Opel/Vauxhall Insignia will become minivan/SUV hybrid
- 2020 Opel/Vauxhall Insignia facelift has new lights and little else
- New Vauxhall Astra enters production from 2021, but maybe not in the UK
- 2019 Vauxhall/Opel Grandland X Hybrid4 debuts plug-in hybrid powertrain
- Opel Sintra etymology: What is it named for? What does its name mean?
- Peugeot coming to the USA in the 2020s, Citroen to India, Opel for Russia
- 2019 Opel Zafira Life / Vauxhall Vivaro Life: New van-based minivans debut
- Opel/Vauxhall Adam, Karl/Viva and Cascada axed, on sale until late 2019
- Opel / Vauxhall GT-X Experimental: Electric SUV spells out new design direction
- Vauxhall Cascada axed in UK, Ireland; soft top lives on as Opel, Buick, Holden
- 2018 Paris Motor Show won't have VW, Ford, Nissan, Opel, Mazda, Volvo
- 2017 Chevrolet Bolt vs Opel/Vauxhall Ampera-e: Sibling differences
- 2018 Opel/Vauxhall Grandland X vs Peugeot 3008: Sibling differences
- 2018 Opel/Vauxhall Grandland X: FWD SUV based on Peugeot platform
- 2018 Buick Regal hatch, TourX wagon: An Opel Insignia for America
- 2017 Opel Crossland X: New smaller than Mokka SUV developed with Peugeot
- 2017 Opel Insignia Sports Tourer: 2018 Buick Regal wagon is super sexy
- 2017 Opel Ampera-e on sale in Norway, will become Opel's best seller
- 2017 Opel/Vauxhall Insignia: Bigger, lighter, will be 2018 Buick Regal in US
- Opel/Buick/Holden Cascada etymology: What does its name mean?
- 2017 Opel Zafira C facelift now in production, on sale Sep 2016
- Opel Adam etymology: Who is named after? What does its name mean?
- Buick no longer interested in Opel Adam
- 2016 Opel GT concept interior: No buttons; only touchpad, voice recognition
- Opel/Vauxhall Ampera-e: Re-nosed Chevrolet Bolt for Europe
- 2017 Buick Encore facelift coming to NY: Will look like Mokka X
- 2016 Opel GT concept: Small RWD coupe dreams of MX-5
- 2015 Opel Astra wagon: More conventional style, more space
- Opel Vivaro Surf concept could go into limited production
- GM, Audi, Jaguar Land Rover stop sales in Russia
- Buick Velite name to be used for American Opel Cascada?
- Opel Adam S: 110kW/150hp turbo standard, red roof optional
- Opel Cascada shown to Buick dealers, no-one surprised
- Vauxhall Viva/Opel Karl to slot in underneath Adam
- Opel/Vauxhall Ampera to exit European market due to poor sales
- 2015 Opel/Vauxhall Corsa E: facelift looks sort of new, is sort of old