Electric car company Tesla Motors (now known simply as Tesla) was founded in mid-2003 by Martin Eberhard and Marc Tarpenning. Current CEO Elon Musk didn’t become involved until the company went out looking for investors.
The company’s first production car, 2008’s Roadster, used the Lotus Elise as its basis. Tesla current range, the Model S, Model X and Model 3, were developed in-house and first rolled out of a factory, purchased from Toyota, in 2012.
Known for cult-like following, Tesla is expanding its production base with new factories in China and Germany.
News, Reviews, Features
- Get your Tesla soon! $1,875 tax credit will expire at the end of 2020
- 2022 Tesla Cybertruck: Holy triangles, Elon Musk really is going to build this
- Free supercharging returns for new Tesla Model S, Model X orders
- Tesla Model S, Model X to have no major changes, Musk says
- Tesla Model 3 Long Range RWD model axed affecting placed orders
- 2020 Tesla Model Y: 7-seat SUV starts from $39,000, looks blobby
- 2020 Tesla Model Y vs Model X: Differences compared side by side
- 2020 Tesla Model Y vs Model 3: Differences compared side by side
- $35,000 Tesla Model 3 now available, but almost all stores will close
- Tesla cuts prices by $2000 to offset halving of federal tax credit
- Tesla to cover missed tax credits for any delayed deliveries
- Tesla Model 3: Mid Range 260mi model launched before tax credit cut
- New Tesla orders will miss out on $7,500 federal tax credit
- Elon Musk steps down as Tesla chairman, stays as CEO in deal with SEC
- Tesla increases range of some cars within Hurricane Irma's impact zone
- Tesla fires 9% of staff, tries to find some profitability
- 2018 Tesla Model 3 AWD Performance and AWD models detailed
- Tesla Model X tows Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner, sets world record
- 2018 Tesla Model 3 production stopped to "improve automation"
- 2017 Tesla Model 3 vs Model S differences: Side-by-side comparison
- 2017 Tesla Model 3: $35k for 220mi model, $44k for 310mi version
- Tesla Motors becomes Tesla Inc. reflecting SolarCity buy out
- Tesla sells 76,000 Model S, Model X cars in 2016 after forecasting 80k-90k
- 2016 Tesla Model S: New all glass roof option, P90D dropped
- 2016's 10 least reliable cars in the US: All are American, except for a Fiat
- Tesla: All new cars equipped with self-driving hardware, software due later
- Tesla Model S to be evaluated by LAPD for police patrol duty
- Tesla etymology: What does its name mean? Who is it named after?
- 2018 Tesla Model 3: 215mi range, starts from $35,000
- Tesla Model S snake charger slithers into car - video
- Tesla Model S over-the-air update will reduce 0-60mph time