Founded in 1966 by the communist Romanian government of Nicolae Ceaușescu as Uzina de Autoturisme Pitești (Pitesti Automobile Factory).
Since the beginning the company made Renault vehicles either under licence or by purchasing no longer needed tooling. The company was bought out by Renault in 1999.
From 2004 with the launch of the Renault-designed and up-to-date Logan, Dacia has become the Renault group’s low cost brand across Europe.
News, Reviews, Features
- 2022 Dacia Jogger: Practical minivan disguised as an SUV
- 2021 Dacia Spring Electric: Electric city SUV previewed as concept
- Renault to stop rebadging Dacia models in Russia, Brazil, except Duster
- 2018 Dacia Duster: New car, same looks, should still be great
- Dacia etymology: What is it named after? What does it mean?