Nissan’s plant in the UK, in the north east city of Sunderland, has produced its 10 millionth vehicle: a vivid blue Qashqai crossover.
The factory opened in 1986 and began producing the Bluebird range. It is the fastest plant in the UK to reach the 10 million car milestone.
Nissan says if all 10 million cars were parked end to end they could go around the Earth’s equator (42,000km / 26,100mi) with cars to spare.
- Qashqai (2006-now): 3,416,472
- Micra (1992-2010): 2,368,704
- Primera (1990-2007): 1,483,059
- Juke (2010-now): 1,053,178
- Almera (2000-2006): 642,420
- Note (2006-2016): 676,438
- Leaf (2010-now): 141,517
- Bluebird (1986-1990): 187,178
- Infiniti Q30 (2015-2019): 76,166