Volvo was established as a division of SKF, the Swedish ball bearing maker, in 1915, but didn’t produce its first car, the Volvo OV 4 until 1927.
The Volvo name is used on both trucks and passenger cars, although the two parts have been separate since 2000 when the Volvo Group sold the car maker to Ford.
When Ford divested itself of its luxury car brands, the American company sold Volvo Cars to Chinese automaker Geely in 2010.
News, Reviews, Features
- Volvo V60 and V90 axed in the US, but Cross Country models remain
- Volvo Concept Recharge previews new pure EVs, 2022 XC90
- Volvo dumps gas engines, going electric only by 2030
- 2021 Volvo C40 Recharge: Coupe XC40 with the Polestar 2's soul
- 2020 Volvo XC40 Recharge: Stupid name for first EV, awesome specs
- 2020 Volvo XC90 Armoured: SUV turned into a bulletproof VIP van
- 2018 Volvo XC60: New Sweden made models dodge Trump's China tariffs
- 2019 Volvo S60 T8 Polestar: 20 for US and only via subscription
- 2018 Paris Motor Show won't have VW, Ford, Nissan, Opel, Mazda, Volvo
- 2018 Volvo V60 vs XC60: Sibling differences compared side by side
- 2018 Volvo XC60 vs 2014-2017: 2nd vs 1st generation differences
- 2018 Volvo XC60 vs 2017 XC90: Differences in photo comparison
- Volkswagen Golf: Top seller in Sweden for 2016, first non-Volvo in 54 years
- Volvo etymology: What does its name mean? What is it named after?
- 2017 Volvo V90 Cross Country: Outback treatment applied to luxury wagon
- 2016 Volvo S90: New semi-autonomous driving, moose detection
- Next Volvo V40 coming to the USA, hybrid confirmed
- Volvo to build factory in South Carolina, online from 2018
- Type 134 Volvo S60L Twin Engine PHEV for China only
- Volvo S60 Inscription: LWB sedan first China-built Volvo for US
- Volvo wants to add XC40 SUV to its range
- Volvo XC90 First Edition: 1,927 cars to be sold online
- Second generation Volvo XC90 unveiled with crystal glass gear lever
- Volvo XC90: second generation car's headlight exposed
- Volvo XC90 T8 twincharged plug-in hybrid to top engine range
- Second generation Volvo XC90 interior revealed without floating dash