Created in 1925 by Walter P. Chrysler, the company was built upon the remains of the Maxwell car company, which Chrysler led for two years before its dissolution.
The smallest out of America’s Big Three car makers, Chrysler has been to the wall a few times. Between 1998 and 2007, in the aftermath of the “merger of equals”, the company was part of DaimlerChrysler. From 2007 until its bankruptcy in 2009, Chrysler owned by private equity firm Cerberus Capital Management.
Since going through state sponsored Chapter 11, Chrysler has been controlled by Fiat of Italy. Fiat finally completed its buyout in 2014, and the two companies now part of Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA), which is headquartered in London, legally domiciled in the Netherlands and run out of Italy.
News, Reviews, Features
- Dodge Grand Caravan dies 2020, replaced by Chrysler Voyager
- 2021 Chrysler Pacifica vs 2017-2020: Facelift differences side by side
- Cars named after ski resorts
- Fiat Chrysler and Peugeot-Citroen-Opel-Vauxhall plan to merge
- Dodge Grand Caravan to be axed May 2020, replaced by Chrysler Voyager
- 2020 Chrysler Voyager: Classic name returns to base Pacifica models
- 2021 Chrysler Pacifica AWD under development, may lose Stow'n'Go seats
- Fiat Chrysler may open 400 more dealers to stop sales slide
- 2017 Chrysler Pacifica wins inaugural North American Utility of the Year
- Chrysler Portal concept: Semi-autonomous EV minivan with office interior
- Chrysler 200: Sedan axed, production ends after just two years
- 2017 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid: 30mi EV range, loses 2nd row Stow 'n Go
- 2017 Chrysler Pacifica, 2016 Dodge Grand Caravan: Fire stops production
- 2016's 10 least reliable cars in the US: All are American, except for a Fiat
- Fiat Chrysler to end car production in the USA by 2017
- Dodge Grand Caravan lives until 2019, Chrysler Pacifica SUV axed
- 2017 (RU) Chrysler Pacifica: From $28,595 with noise cancellation
- Chrysler 200S, 300S Alloy Editions: Dark, like the mood at FCA
- Chrysler etymology: Who is named after? What does its name mean?
- Chrysler 200 and Dodge Dart haven't been axed ... yet
- Chrysler Pacifica minivan: Hybrid coming spring, FWD only
- FCA and UAW continue talking, strike threat still present
- Chrysler Group officially becomes FCA US
- Mitsubishi Mirage/Attrage sedan: rebadged, sold by Chrysler in Mexico
- Chrysler Town & Country, Dodge Grand Caravan recalled over vent switch