GMC Truck first came into being between 1909 and 1912 when it was used on trucks developed by Rapid Motor Vehicle Company.
Since around 1920, the GMC’s trucks have been virtually identical, except for name, badging and trim, to trucks made by Chevrolet. GMC’s range of light and heavy duty vehicles allows dealerships who stock GM’s truck-less brands — currently Cadillac and Buick, but also previously Pontiac and Oldsmobile too — to have a full range of cars and trucks.
News, Reviews, Features
- 2021 Chevrolet Tahoe/Suburban vs GMC Yukon vs Cadillac Escalade
- 2021 GMC Yukon: More differentiation, unique interior for Denali
- 2020 GMC Acadia vs 2017-2019: Facelift changes compared side by side
- No last minute reprieve for GM's Oshawa, Ontario factory
- 2019 Chevrolet Silverado vs GMC Sierra: Sibling differences compared
- GMC Envoy: Name to be revived for FWD/AWD Chevrolet Blazer clone?
- K2 Chevrolet Silverado, GMC Sierra to remain in production until H2 2019
- 2019 GMC Yukon Graphite Editions go dark for mean look
- 2018 GMC Yukon Denali: New 10-speed auto, grille for big SUV
- 2018 GMC Terrain vs 2016-2017: 2nd vs 1st generation differences
- 2018 Chevrolet Equinox vs 2018 GMC Terrain: Side by side comparison
- 2018 Chevrolet Traverse vs 2017 GMC Acadia: Side by side comparison
- 2018 GMC Terrain: Weird looks standard, all turbo SUV has optional diesel
- 2016's 10 least reliable cars in the US: All are American, except for a Fiat
- GMC Denali etymology: What does its name mean? What is it named after?
- GMC etymology: What does its name? What do its letters stand for?
- 2017 GMC Acadia Limited: Larger first generation SUV lives on
- 2017 GMC Acadia: Smaller, second-gen SUV priced from $30k
- 2017 GMC Acadia (Chi) is smaller, lighter, I4 standard, seats 7
- 2017 GMC Acadia teased ahead of Detroit debut
- GMC wants a small crossover SUV to battle Jeep Renegade
- Chevy Silverado, GMC Sierra gain box delete option
- 2016 GMC Sierra facelift goes long on LEDs
- GMC Terrain facelift for MY2016 adds more chrome, tech
- Chevy, GMC US powertrain warranty cut from 100k to 60k miles
- Chevrolet Trax to spawn a GMC variant?
- GMC VP wants Jeep Wrangler rival, small SUV and more