Founded in 1932 by August Horch, Audi was once part of the Auto Union group, but is now Volkswagen’s mainstream luxury brand.
What does Audi mean?
Founder August Horch was barred from using his own for the company. Inspired by his son, he chose Audi, which is singular imperative form of audiere or to listen in Latin. This in turn is a play on the horch, which is hark or hear in German.
News, Reviews, Features (Page 1)
- 2017 Audi RS5 DTM race car: New year, new body
- Audi Q8 Sport Concept: 2019 Q8 crossover coupe previewed again
- 2018 Audi RS5: Goodbye 4.2L V8, hello Porsche 2.9L twin turbo V6
- 2018 Audi RS5 vs 2017 A5/S5 coupe: See differences in photo comparison
- 2017 Audi RS3 Sportback: Same 2.5L I5 as sedan, TT RS; not coming to USA
- 2017 Audi RS3 Sportback vs 2016 RS3 hatch: What are the differences?
- 2018 Audi SQ5: Performance SUV dumps supercharged, diesel engines
- 2019 Audi Q8: Flagship coupe SUV previewed by bold new Q8 Concept
- 2018 Audi A5 and S5 convertible: Longer, faster, slightly sexier
- 2016’s 10 most reliable cars includes 3 Lexus, 2 Toyota models