First introduced in 1976 as the Honda’s larger-than-Civic model, the Accord has grown over successive generations to be a large, family-sized vehicle. In America, where it is most popular, the Accord battles it out with the Toyota Camry, Ford Fusion and Nissan Altima for the hearts and wallets of middle America.
In 1982, the Accord earnt the distinction of becoming the first Japanese vehicle to be manufactured locally when Honda’s Marysville, Ohio plant was opened. In 1989, the Accord became the first foreign-brand vehicle to top the passenger car sales chart.
News, Reviews, Features
- 2021 Honda Accord vs 2018-2020: Facelift differences & changes
- No Honda Accord, CR-V or Acura Type R, just the Civic for now
- 2018 Honda Accord vs 2016-2017 facelift: Differences side by side
- 2018 Honda Accord: RIP V6, hello turbo I4 and Civic Type R engine
- Honda Accord Coupe axed for 10th generation, RIP personal coupes
- 2016 Proton Perdana vs 2007-12 Honda Accord: Differences side-by-side
- 2016 Honda Accord facelift follows sedan template
- 2016 Honda Accord facelift: New front; CarPlay, Android Auto support
- Honda Crosstour going out of production
- CU Honda Accord dies in 2015, will be the last Euro Accord