The Ford Explorer’s story began in 1990 as a Ranger-based off-roader. Over the years, it grew larger and lost its 3-door version.
Once one of the USA’s most popular cars, it moved from a body-on-frame construction to a unitary body from late 2010.
News, Reviews, Features
- 2021 Ford Explorer XLT Sport Appearance Package darkens everything
- 2020 Ford Explorer vs 2011-2019: Differences compared side by side
- 2020 Ford Explorer vs Lincoln Aviator: Differences compared side by side
- 2020 Ford Explorer: Same looks, new RWD/AWD platform, bigger body
- 2020 Ford Explorer axed in Cuba, Egypt, Iceland, Iraq, Mongolia, Thailand
- 2018 Ford Explorer vs 2016-2017: Update differences in photo comparison
- 2018 Ford Explorer: Small facelift, more features for ageing SUV
- 2017 Ford Police Interceptor Utility gains stealth light bar
- 2016 Ford Explorer Platinum: New top-spec model
- 2016 Ford Explorer facelift begins production; 2.3L turbo optional
- Ford ups production of F-Series, Edge, Escape, Explorer
- U502 Ford Explorer XLT gains sportier look, MyFord Touch for MY2015