The 2019 Ford Kuga rides on the same C2 platform as the Mark IV Focus making it 90kg (198 lb) lighter than the old model.
The Kuga also looks a lot like its hatchback cousin. In Europe the new Kuga will be available with five powertrains:
- EcoBoost: 1.5L 3-cylinder turbo gasoline engine with either 88kW (188hp) or 110kW (148hp).
- EcoBlue: 2L 4-cylinder turbo-diesel with 140kW (187hp).
- Hybrid: 2.5L 4-cylinder hybrid with a total of 148kW (198hp), FWD or AWD, lithium-ion battery.
- EcoBlue Hybrid: 2L turbo-diesel with 48V mild hybrid and 148kW (198hp).
- Plug-in Hybrid: 2.5L 4-cylinder with 14.4kWh lithium-ion battery, total of 165kW (222hp), over 50km range (31mi)
Available features include adaptive cruise control, a 12.3″ digital instrumentation cluster, 8″ Sync 3 infotainment touchscreen, traffic sign recognition, 575W 10 speaker B&O sound system, 6″ heads up display, remote unlock, active noise cancelation, lane keeping assistance, lane centering, and adaptive cruise control.
Dimensions (Metric) vs Mark II
Length: 4,613mm (+89mm)
Width: 1,882mm (+44mm)
Height: 1,682mm (-20mm)
Wheelbase: 2,710mm (+20mm)