The new FWD/AWD 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLB crossover is bigger than the B-Class minivan, and almost as large as the RWD/AWD GLC.
Because it’s based on the FWD/AWD platform shared by the A-Class, B-Class and CLA, the GLB is more space efficient than the more prestigious GLC and can offer 7 seats across 3 rows of seats.
Made in Beijing for China, and Aguascalientes, Mexico for the rest of the world, the GLB has styling inspired by the G-Class SUV and the latest MBUX infotainment system.
AWD equipped models have a standard 80:20 front:rear power split, and up to 50:50 in offroad mode.
At launch the GLB with five powertrain options:
- GLB200: 1.33L I4 with 120kW (163hp) and 250Nm (184 lb-ft), 7-speed DCT
- GLB250 4Matic: 2L I4 with 165kW (224hp) and 350Nm (184 lb-ft), 8-speed DCT
- GLB200d: 2L I4 with 110kW (150hp) and 320Nm (236 lb-ft), 8-speed DCT
- GLB200d 4Matic: above plus AWD
- GLB220d 4Matic: 2L I4 with 140kW (190hp) and 400Nm (295 lb-ft), 8-speed DCT
Length: 4,634mm | 182.4″
Width: 1,834mm | 72.2″
Height: 1,658mm | 65.3″
Wheelbase: 2,829mm | 111.4″
Trunk space (seats up): 560L | 19.8 cu ft
Trunk space (seats down): 1,755L | 62 cu ft