Hyundai’s Corolla-class competitor made its debut in 1990. Since its inception it has been a front-wheel drive, and early models used Mitsubishi engines and mechanicals.
Since the RD (second generation) model launched in 1995, the Elantra has been sold in South Korea as the Avante.
Due to a name conflict with the Mitsubishi Magna Elante, the car was sold was the Lantra for its first (J1) and second (RD) generations in Australia. In Europe, the Lantra was also used for a time due to a conflict with the Lotus Elan and the Kia Elan.
News, Reviews, Features
- Farrah Haines hits 1 million miles in Hyundai Elantra in just 5 years
- 2018 Hyundai Elantra GT (i30) hatch vs sedan: What are the differences seen side by side?
- 2017 Hyundai i30 (2018 Elantra GT): New hatch is conservative
- 2017 Hyundai Elantra Eco: 1.4-liter turbo, 7-speed DCT and 35mpg
- 2016 Hyundai Elantra/Avante is a little more sober
- 2016 Hyundai Elantra/Avante sketches look brilliant
- 2016 Hyundai Elantra sketched out, reveal coming soon
- Hyundai Elantra Coupe axed for 2015 model year