Volkswagen was founded in 1937 to produce the Porsche designed, Nazi-sponsored KdF-Wagen (Kraft durch Freude or strength through joy), which eventually morphed into the original Beetle.
What does Volkswagen translate to?
Volkswagen is literally people's car in German.
News, Reviews, Features (Page 1)
- Volkswagen Sedric: Cute level 5 self driving concept comes with plants
- 2018 Volkswagen Tiguan: LWB standard in USA, China; Allspace in EU
- Volkswagen ID Buzz: Microbus revived again as EV, will they build it?
- 2018 Volkswagen Atlas R-Line: Sportier looks, but still really boring
- Volkswagen Golf: Top seller in Sweden for 2016, first non-Volvo in 54 years
- 2018 Volkswagen Golf R facelift: More power and torque for AWD hot hatch
- 2018 Volkswagen Tiguan Allspace: 7-seat LWB model debuts Detroit 2017
- 2017 Volkswagen Arteon fastback to replace (Passat) CC
- Volkswagen to stop diesel sales in the USA due to dieselgate
- 2018 Volkswagen Atlas: Large SUV aimed at the heart of America