Peugeot was established in 1810 as a family owned coffee mill company — the company still makes salt and pepper mills, which means that can you can technically buy a Peugeot in North America.
In 1830 Peugeot branched out into making bicycles and then in 1889 into cars too. The company has wholly owned Citroen since 1976.
Who is Peugeot named after?
Peugeot is named after the Peugeot family, with the company entering automobile manufacture in 1889 under the leadership of Armand Peugeot.
News, Reviews, Features (Page 1)
- 2017 Peugeot Partner Tepee Electric: Minivan has only 170km range
- Peugeot Instinct: Sexy self-driving plug-in hybrid wagon concept
- 2017 Peugeot 301 facelift: More upscale look for developing world sedan
- Peugeot etymology: What does its name mean? Who is it named after?
- 2017 Peugeot 3008 GT: 2-liter turbo-diesel warm SUV
- 2016 Peugeot 308 (T9) sedan is handsome, but China only
- 2017 Peugeot 3008: Awkward minivan looks ditched for SUV style
- PSA Peugeot-Citroen pickup coming soon, based on Toyota Hilux
- Peugeot 205 GTi named best hot hatch ever at British car show
- 2016 Peugeot Traveller: Replaces Expert, similar to Foodtruck