First introduced in 1976 as the Honda’s larger-than-Civic model, the Accord has grown over successive generations to be a large, family-sized vehicle. In America, where it is most popular, the Accord battles it out with the Toyota Camry, Ford Fusion and Nissan Altima for the hearts and wallets of middle America.
In 1982, the Accord earnt the distinction of becoming the first Japanese vehicle to be manufactured locally when Honda’s Marysville, Ohio plant was opened. In 1989, the Accord became the first foreign-brand vehicle to top the passenger car sales chart.
Why did Honda choose the name Accord?
In Honda's own words, "The name Accord bore Honda's desire for accord and harmony between people, society and the automobile".
News, Reviews, Features (Page 1)
- 2016 Proton Perdana vs 2007-12 Honda Accord: Differences side-by-side
- 2016 Honda Accord facelift follows sedan template
- 2016 Honda Accord facelift: New front; CarPlay, Android Auto support
- Honda Crosstour going out of production
- CU Honda Accord dies in 2015, will be the last Euro Accord