Created in 1903 by Henry Ford and widely credited for putting the world on four wheels with the Model T. Ford also popularised the use of the production line, which greatly sped up production and reduced costs dramatically.
Unlike the other two major American manufacturers, Ford alone was able to avoid going bankrupt and seeking government assistance during the recent global financial crisis.
Who is Ford named after?
Ford bears the surname of Henry Ford. His family still retains 40 percent of the company's voting rights and various male successors have sat in the CEO or chairman's chairs.
News, Reviews, Features (Page 1)
- 2018 Ford Fiesta ST: Hot hatch now has 1.5-liter turbo 3-cylinder engine
- 2018 Ford Expedition vs 2017 Expedition: U553 and U324 differences
- 2018 Ford Expedition vs 2018 Ford F-150: What are the differences?
- 2017 Ford F-150 Raptor: Ford’s first pickup truck for China now on its way
- 2018 Ford F-150 vs 2017 pre-facelift model: See changes side by side
- 2018 Ford Mustang: Angry headlamps, 10-speed auto, 3.7-liter V6 dropped
- 2018 Ford Mustang vs 2017 Ford Mustang: Facelift changes side by side
- 2018 Ford F-150: Facelift has bigger badder grille, optional turbo-diesel
- 2017 Ford GT: First models roll off Multimatic’s Canadian production line (video)
- 2017 Ford Fiesta Mark VII: Larger, more refined and more boring