Established back in 1910, Alfa Romeo was once on par with Maserati and Ferrari, but now is caught in a no-man’s land with a clutch of slightly upscale hatches and sedans, and a smattering of limited edition high performance vehicles.
What's the meaning of Alfa Romeo?
Alfa Romeo was initially just ALFA (Anonima Lombarda Fabbrica Automobili) or Lombard Automobile Factory Company. Under the direction of Nicola Romeo the company gained the second half of its name, as well as a bounty of profits from World War I.
News, Reviews, Features (Page 1)
- Fiat Chrysler may sell Alfa Romeo, Maserati to pay down $7 billion debt
- 2018 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Quadrifoglio: Ferrari turbo V6 for first SUV
- 2016 Alfa Romeo Giulia: 2 diesel, 1 gas engine below Quadrifoglio
- Alfa Romeo Stelvio SUV etymology: What does its name mean?
- Alfa Romeo: Who is it named after? What does its name mean?
- Alfa Romeo Giulia: Ferrari engine sounds awesome – video
- Alfa Romeo 4C Spider (Type 961) priced from $64k in the USA
- Alfa Romeo MiTo: What does its name mean?
- Fiat to receive MX-5 twin, Alfa goes it alone with RWD Spider